Congratulations to Mike Fournier, Sonrise Construction, the 2022 HBA Spirit Award Winner!
Owner Mike Fournier, CBC, CGB, CAPS of Sonrise Construction, is the 2022 Spirit Award winner from the Tulsa HBA. Mike builds and remodels in Tulsa and its suburbs, beginning in 2000 and now with over 11,000 highly satisfied customers. Mike is also the 2021 Tulsa Builder of the Year and has won two national awards for remodeling in 2017 and 2019. Other awards received are from Houzz, Home Advisor, Tulsa World and the City of Broken Arrow - which voted Sonrise Construction as "Best of Broken Arrow" in 2012. These awards speak to the company's consistent attention to detail, quality craftsmanship, excellent customer service and superior artisans handling the installation, many of whom have decades of experience. Sonrise Construction is a member of the Home Builders Association of Greater Tulsa, its Remodelers Council and the Oklahoma Home Builders Association. Mike served as President of the Tulsa HBA in 2020. Sonrise Construction is a preferred builder with the City of Tulsa and the City of Broken Arrow.
2022 Spirit Award
Achieve Honored Status
Builders and Associates working together is the "spirit" that makes our Association strong. To commemorate the relationship, the Associate Council proudly sponsors the Spirit Award competition. This award will recognize and provide a symbol of respect to the one builder who best exemplifies the "spirit of doing business with members." In addition, this builder utilizes associate members in their business and recognizes the importance of their relationship.
The Winning Builder Receives
- A half-page ad in the following year's Greater Tulsa Home & Garden Show Guide given to every attendee to the show (approx. 25,000) Valued: $2,500
- A half-page ad in the following year's Greater Tulsa Parade of Homes Guide distributed throughout the Parade of Homes and sent to potential buyers via the HBA throughout the year. Valued: $2,600
- Recognition in the Home Builder Association Membership Directory given to all members and sent to consumers who call the HBA for home-building information and referrals. Valued: $400
- Front page story and photo in the HBA's Home Building News. Valued: $1,800
- Advertising on the HBA website with a rotating banner ad placed on secondary landing pages that links to the Spirit Award recipient's website. Valued: $400
- Recipient will be featured for one month on the home page. Valued: $400
- Private parking spot with recipient's company name and branding labeled directing in front of the HBA's front doors. Valued: $500
2022 recipient of the HBA Spirit Award
About the Spirit Award
In 1989, the Home Builders Association of Greater Tulsa began recognizing builders who made the best use of the HBA. The Spirit Award is one of the highest honors, as it symbolizes the relationship between the contractor and the subcontractor and how extremely important it is when building a home to only use qualified craftsmen and supplies. Each year, many worthy companies enter projects for consideration of this honor, which are then analyzed by an accounting firm to determine which projects involved the greatest percentage of work by HBA Associate members.