Criteria for Denial of Membership
CRITERIA FOR DENIAL OF MEMBERSHIP
(A) Failure to provide required data
(B) Background check indicates financial instability (unexplained judgments or liens against firm or individual in past five years)
(C) Three negative customer references or a record of one legitimate, unsatisfied complaint filed against Applicant with the Better Business Bureau in the past two years
(D) Negative references from any of the following:
(E) Felony conviction within two years of fate of application
(F) Company has not been in business within the jurisdiction of the HBA
(A) Upon notification of the Board of Director's disapproval of the application, Applicant may immediately reapply for membership or, in a written request, ask the Applications Committee for reconsideration of the application
(B) After reconsideration, the Applications Committee will forward to the Board of Directors, its recommendation of approval or rejection of the submitted application
(C) The final disposition to be determined by a majority vote of the members of the Board of Directors
HBA Code of Ethics
As a member in good standing of the Home Builders Association of Greater Tulsa, I believe in, and accept, the responsibilities and obligations inherent in the home building profession.
Basic to these ethical beliefs, I support the following objectives:
- To conduct business affairs with professionalism and skill
- To provide the best housing value possible through the use of quality materials, services and construction backed by integrity.
- To build and renovate homes with high standards of safety, sanitation and livability.
- To comply with all codes and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety and progress of the community.
- To provide timely response to items covered under the applicable warranty.
- To seek to resolve business controversies through a non-litigation dispute resolution mechanism.
I agree to support and abide by the decisions of the Association in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.